San Jose Bankruptcy Lawyer
Bankruptcy Attorney Serving the Entire San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey Bay, and Beyond
Bankruptcy is a tool that helps people regain control of their finances. It no longer has a stigma attached to it. Many men and women, of all ages, need help getting their finances under control and bankruptcy gives them the opportunity to work toward financial freedom.
If you are considering bankruptcy, Gemma V. Reyes, Attorney at Law, can give you an honest assessment of your bankruptcy options. With more than 20 years of legal experience, Attorney Reyes is a San Jose bankruptcy attorney who can give dedicated service and knowledgeable guidance.
For answers to your bankruptcy questions, contact our bankruptcy law firm online or call 408-292-6289.
Should You File for Bankruptcy?
The decision to file for bankruptcy not only requires the help of an experienced attorney, it also requires a major life decision on your part. You must ask yourself questions concerning your finances, such as:
- Are you unable to pay your bills?
- Is the bank about to foreclose on your home?
- Do you need help restructuring your debt and finances to make payments?
- Do you have overwhelming medical bills or credit card debt?
If you are struggling with debt and unable to keep up with your bills and obligations, bankruptcy might be the solution to getting your life back on track.
Retain Professional Bankruptcy Counsel
Bankruptcy is a process by which our clients regain control of their lives and seek debt relief. At our firm, we can help you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a debt relief option that allows you to discharge eligible debt, such as credit card debt, medical bills and personal unsecured loans. Chapter 7 bankruptcy enables you to get a fresh start.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy, also known as debt consolidation bankruptcy, allows you to reorganize debt into a manageable three- to five-year repayment plan. It enables you to catch up on defaulted mortgage payments and other debts, and enables you to regain control of your finances.
San Jose and Fremont Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney
In California, the bankruptcy means test is used to determine if you qualify to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, or if it will be necessary to pursue a Chapter 13 bankruptcy instead. The test analyzes your income and your ability to pay. When you hire our firm, we will give you an honest assessment of your standing under the means test to help you determine if bankruptcy is right for you.
If you are considering divorce, our family law lawyer can advise you on how bankruptcy will affect your divorce. Attorney Reyes will also work to help you keep your home if you are facing foreclosure. She will negotiate to try to keep you in your home through loan modifications.
Contact a California Bankruptcy Lawyer
For more information about obtaining debt relief through bankruptcy, contact Gemma V. Reyes, an experienced bankruptcy attorney. Call 408-292-6289 today.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.